Today I want to share with you multiple ways to use one of my favorite ingredients, Greek Yogurt. I love the texture, high protein content and versatility of this great food item. While it took some getting used to I now find myself eating Greek Yogurt a few times a week, both in savory and sweet ways.
Here are 7 Ways to Use Greek Yogurt:
1) Smoothies. Using Greek yogurt as the base of the smoothie helps boost up the protein content and allows for a nice creamy texture. My favorite combination in Greek yogurt, frozen raspberries, and almond butter.
2) Sour Cream. Topping burrito bowls or chili with a dollop of Greek yogurt provides the same consistency as sour cream and is a nice contrast to these hot meals.
3) In Pancakes. I absolutely love pancakes for a Saturday morning breakfast but find they don’t keep me full very long due to the lack of protein. Try this recipe for adding Greek yogurt to the batter for some added staying power.
4) Creamy Dressing. Using Greek yogurt as a base for homemade salad dressings is a great alternative to store bought. Adding the right flavors still makes for a healthy, delicious dressing.
5) Breakfast Parfaits. I absolutely love plain Greek Yogurt topped with Trader Joe’s simply chocolate Trek Mix. The sweet, salty, creamy combination is such a great breakfast option!
6) Tuna or Chicken Salad. Try replacing mayo with plain Greek yogurt to get the same texture for your tuna salad. Or try my favorite combination, half yogurt and half avocado!
7) As a Dip. Mix with dill or parsley to make a savory dip for vegetables, or stir in some peanut butter or cocoa powder to pair with fruit for a sweet treat.
What is your favorite way to use Greek Yogurt?