I always thrive on the energy and excitement that comes with a new season. Even though it did snow this week, I know spring is around the corner and I am looking forward to what’s ahead. I also like to take this time to get organized, do a full house cleaning, organize some unattended closets and make room for spring clothes. This year, I encourage us to embark upon a different a different type of Spring Cleaning, not so much home related, but more in terms of taking care of our physical, mental, and emotional health. Here are 5 “cleaning” tips for this spring:
1) Spring clean your environment. Throw out the scale, celebrity magazines, diet books, clothes that are too tight or too big and make space for what really matters! Replace these books with motivational ones!
2) Spring clean your kitchen: Throw out expired condiments, spices, and freezer food. Make some room for seasonal produce, herbs, and spices and stay organized. Your kitchen should be a relaxing, spa-like environment that feels safe and welcoming.
3) Spring clean your mind: Start a trash journal with your worries, thoughts, fears and start clearing space in your mind for positivity and gratitude. Sometimes just putting these thoughts on paper can help you look at them in a new light.
4) Spring clean your dining room table: Rather than eating with distractions, set the table with your “nice” plates, candles, and listen to some music. If your dining room is cluttered with paperwork, boxes or other household items, make room for family or solo meals.
5) Spring clean your schedule. Start saying NO to things that you do not value and make time for what is really important: time with family and friends, time for personal prayer or meditation, and time for self-care activities.